We believe in maintaining the highest level of environmental standards to ensure both the company and its customers conform to current environmental legislation and guidelines.
We ensure that all employees and third party contractors are trained to the highest levels in environmental compliance and are regularly kept up-to-date on any changes in the law and legislation that may directly impact the environment. At Intelligent Waste Management Ltd, we integrate environmental considerations into our daily business practices, and aim to improve and adopt the best environmental strategies wherever possible.
- Minimise and prevent – where possible – land, air and water pollution.
- Reduce consumption of energy and water use.
- Minimise the impact of carbon emissions.
- Full compliance with all waste legislations, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Identify and manage all environmental risks and hazards.
- Support and encourage all customers, sub-contractors and partners in achieving our environmental objectives.
- Manage and improve all transportation methods to reduce environmental impact and lower fuel consumption.
- Aim for zero waste and increased recycling rates.
- Ensure all sub-contractors and third party suppliers conform to waste and environmental regulations.
- Provide suitable training to all employees to implement and manage environmental responsibilities.
- Establish short and long-term environmental targets to measure, control and improve our environmental performance.
- Listen and engage with all customers to provide best environmental practice.
This policy will be continually reviewed and revised to ensure that all our environmental objectives are achieved.
Health & Safety Policy
We are committed to providing a safe environment and safe working practices for all our employees, visitors and customers.
We will ensure adequate control of the Health and Safety risks arising from our work and promote safety and employee well-being in all of our activities.
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions and maintain a safe plant and equipment.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees as required.
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and provide adequate training.
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
We will always ensure particular attention is focused on:
- Prevention of fires.
- Guidance for manual handling and avoidance of slips, trips and falls.
- Control of any contractors on site.
- Careful use of tools and equipment and safe storage of any harmful substances.
This policy also recognises that employees have legal responsibilities to take care of the health and safety of themselves and others and to co-operate with their employer to comply with the law.
Employees have to:
- Co-operate with the owners on health and safety matters.
- Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and report all health and safety concerns to the owners (as detailed in this policy statement).
- Receive training and instruction on any relevant working practices they may undertake and comply with the H&S policy and relevant regulations. This will include relevant risk assessments.